Join or rejoin now to enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Free subscription to our newsletter, Hook Line & Chapter
- Free attendance at regular branch meetings with special guest speakers across Canada
- Free access to select webinars on the business and the craft of writing
- Access to our CAA Members Book Catalogue service (a small admin fee applies)
- Great discounts on workshops, second-party webinars, and our biennial writers’ conference, CanWrite!
- Eligibility for a growing number of corporate and membership discounts, including Staples print and marketing, Book Selling University online on-demand courses
- Eligibility to post your writing-related event on our online event calendar, on the Member News and home pages of the website, and in our monthly bulletin, CAA Communiqué, as well as our quarterly newsletter, Hook, Line & Chapter
- Eligibility to participate in the Writers’ Coalition, a group health and dental benefits plan
- Access to members-only branch-run writing and critiquing circles (when available and space allows)
- Access to Roving Writers Touring Program (professional members only; currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Opportunities to network with writers across Canada
- Opportunities for readings and other book promotion activities at the branch level
- Eligibility to maintain a public profile in our searchable Member Directory — an excellent marketing tool for authors seeking speaking, conference, and workshop engagements from other groups and organizations.
Membership is open to anyone who writes and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. There are three membership categories: Member, Professional, and Student. All three categories have the same rights and benefits (students pay a lower rate); however, only members with Professional designation can participate in special teaching, mentoring, touring, and speaker programs (e.g., Roving Writers).