Join or rejoin now to enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Free attendance at regular branch meetings with special guest speakers across Canada
- Free access to select webinars on the business and the craft of writing
- Access to our CAA Members Book Catalogue service (a small admin fee applies)
- Great discounts on workshops, second-party webinars, and our writers’ conference, CanWrite!
- Eligibility for a growing number of corporate and membership discounts, including Staples printing and marketing, Book Selling University online on-demand courses
- Eligibility to post your writing-related event on our online event calendar, on the Member News and home pages of the website, and in our monthly bulletin, CAA Communiqué
- Eligibility to participate in the Writers’ Coalition, a group health and dental benefits plan
- Access to members-only branch-run writing and critiquing circles (when available and space allows)
- Access to Roving Writers Touring Program (professional members only; currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Opportunities to network with writers across Canada
- Opportunities for readings and other book promotion activities at the branch level
- Eligibility to maintain a public profile in our searchable Member Directory — an excellent marketing tool for authors seeking speaking, conference, and workshop engagements from other groups and organizations.
Membership is open to anyone who writes and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. There are three membership categories: Member, Professional, and Student. All three categories have the same rights and benefits (students pay a lower rate); however, only members with Professional designation can participate in special teaching, mentoring, touring, and speaker programs (e.g., Roving Writers).