Submission Eligibility and Process
You may submit event listings that are related to the craft or business of writing to the Event Calendar if you are:
- A CAA member in good standing
- A CAA branch or twig
- A not-for-profit arts group or organization
Submitted events must meet the following criteria. All submissions go through an approval process to help ensure the integrity of the listing. It may take up to two business days before the event is published. We reserve the right to edit event descriptions for grammar and clarity.
Submission Criteria and Guidelines
1) All event listings must be in some way related to the craft or business of writing
2) All event titles for CAA branch events should start with “Canadian Authors-[branch]”
3) All event listings must include a specific date, location, start time and end time
a) If the event is recurring on multiple days, please submit each day’s event separately to ensure your event gets the best possible exposure within the listing
b) If your event is a monthly event and the information doesn’t change, you can add it as a recurring event; for example, monthly writing circles that occur at the same day, time and location every month can be listed as a recurring event, while monthly meetings with different themes and/or guest speakers should be listed individually with content specific to each
4) Virtual event listings are eligible, but they must include information on what platform is being used for the event (e.g., Zoom, GoToWebinar, Facebook Live); do not include passwords in your listing
5) Images are optional; if including an image, it must be a .jpg, .png, or .gif file under 2 GB
a) We recommend using high-resolution, landscape-oriented photographs or images with people in them.
b) If you have not included a photo along with your submission, it will be displayed without an image or, if there is sufficient time, we may choose to select stock images from our files that are suited to your event; please note that we reserve the right to modify submitted images
6) Events will NOT be published on the calendar if they are:
a) Programs, workshops, courses, etc. not related to writing and publishing
b) Commercial in nature and attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services of one or more businesses
c) Political in nature
d) Events or listings that promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate, discrimination, or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind
e) Activities or programs that are not events (for example, a contest or competition is not eligible for the event calendar)
CAA staff reserve the right to post, refuse to post, or remove any event from the calendar at any time, without prior notice or notification.
To Modify or Remove a Listing
Changes and corrections to event listings can only be made by CAA staff. If the changes are significant, we suggest you submit another event listing and ask us to remove the original listing. To remove or modify details to an existing listing, please send the details to email@example.com and we will update it for you.
Contact Brandi at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if your question is urgent, Anita at 705-955-0716.