SAVE THE DATE FOR NEXT YEAR’S CONFERENCE!
CanWrite! 2014 takes place June 19-22 in Orillia, Ontario. Master classes are offered on June 18.
Details from our 2014 conference:
Don’t miss out on Ontario’s best writers’ conference of the year!
LITERARY MASTERS + WRITERS’ RETREAT + CONFERENCE!
The Canadian Authors Association’s annual CanWrite! conference is for aspiring, emerging and accomplished writers. We are once again incorporating a retreat element into our conference including yoga, forest walks, and writing circles (all at no extra cost!). Master classes are offered on June 18, and regular interactive workshops take place during Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons. Every morning, every afternoon— an à la carte menu to make sure this writers’ conference meets your current needs.
WHAT’S ON THE PROGRAM?
- Master classes for published and mid-career authors (held June 18, spaces limited)
- Optional retreat mornings – yoga, early morning forest walks, social or ‘me’ time, and/or writing circles in poetry and creative writing (all at no extra cost!)
- Selection of half-day afternoon workshops on the craft and business of writing
- Book fair and author signings
- Panel discussions on timely issues in the publishing industry
- Exhibits by professionals offering products and services to writers
- Open mic readings
- Readings by 2014 CanAuthors Literary Awards shortlisted authors
- 2014 CanAuthors Literary Awards Gala
- Canadian Authors Annual General Meeting
Location: Lakehead University, Orillia Campus
Go to our Overview page for information about accommodations and directions / transportation options.