CanWrite! 2014 will be held June 19-22 in Orillia, Ontario
LITERARY MASTERS + WRITERS’ RETREAT + CONFERENCE!
The Canadian Authors Association’s annual CanWrite! conference is for aspiring, emerging and accomplished writers. We are once again incorporating a retreat element into our conference, but with a bit of a twist. Regular workshops and master classes are offered in the afternoons, and you have a selection of options for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings — an à la carte menu to make sure this writers’ conference meets your current needs.
WHAT’S UP THIS YEAR?
- Moderated expressive writing circles
- Guided forest hikes to spark your creativity
- Yoga sessions
- Special interest sessions
- Pitch sessions with publishing professionals
WHAT’S ON THE PROGRAM?
- Master classes for published and mid-career authors (held June 18)
- Optional retreat mornings – personal writing, social or ‘me’ time
- Selection of half-day afternoon workshops on the craft and business of writing
- Book fair and author signings
- Panel discussions on timely issues in the publishing industry
- Exhibits by professionals offering specialized services to writers
- Open mike readings
- 2014 CanAuthors Literary Awards
- Canadian Authors Annual General Meeting
Location: Lakehead University, Orillia Campus