CanWrite! 2014 takes place June 19-22 in Orillia, Ontario. Master classes are offered on June 18.
Register now to take advantage of our time-limited promotional offer. $100 discount off the registration! Register now- promotion ends on April 30.
LITERARY MASTERS + WRITERS’ RETREAT + CONFERENCE!
The Canadian Authors Association’s annual CanWrite! conference is for aspiring, emerging and accomplished writers. We are once again incorporating a retreat element into our conference including yoga, forest walks, and writing circles (all at no extra cost!). Master classes are offered on June 18, and regular interactive workshops take place during Thursday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons. Every morning, every afternoon— an à la carte menu to make sure this writers’ conference meets your current needs.
WHAT’S UP THIS YEAR?
- Moderated expressive writing circles
- Guided forest hikes to spark your creativity
- Yoga sessions
- Special interest sessions
- Pitch sessions with publishing professionals
WHAT’S ON THE PROGRAM?
- Master classes for published and mid-career authors (held June 18)
- Optional retreat mornings – yoga, forest walks, social or ‘me’ time, and/or writing circles in poetry, fiction and nonfiction (all at no extra cost!)
- Selection of half-day afternoon workshops on the craft and business of writing
- Book fair and author signings
- Panel discussions on timely issues in the publishing industry
- Exhibits by professionals offering specialized services to writers
- Open mike readings
- 2014 CanAuthors Literary Awards
- Canadian Authors Annual General Meeting
Location: Lakehead University, Orillia Campus