Support our local book vendors!
The dedicated people who run these community-minded shops care about the artists, poets, writers and authors who live nearby. The best way to show them that we want and need their continued presence in our neighbourhoods is by making the mindful choice to buy from them.
- Black Squirrel Books & Espresso Bar on Bank Street buys and sells used books of merit, serves locally roasted coffee, craft beer, and biodynamic wines and hosts live events.
- Books on Beechwood is an independently owned and operated business that has been serving the New Edinburgh neigborhood in Ottawa for over fifteen years.
- Mill Street Books in Almonte, ON is a small, community minded shop which offers a wide selection of books and great customer service.
- Perfect Books opened on Elgin Street in Ottawa in April of 1994. This independent book stores strives to be a part of the downtown community and responsive to the needs of our neighbourhood.
- Renouf’s Books Ottawa’s “government bookstore was founded in 1888 and offers books, reports, and documents from government organizations and the private industry.
- Singing Pebble Books on Main Street has a wide selection of books on health and healing, women’s studies, philosophy, self help, parenting, psychology, metaphysics, vegetarian cooking, Eastern and Western spirituality.
- Spark in Perth, Ontario aims to inspire, whether through the written word, activities that challenge mind and hands, or artful objects that just make you smile when you look upon them.