CAA/SFC Webinar: Leveraging Your IP and Maximizing Income in a Digital World
May 27 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Leveraging Your IP and Maximizing Income in a Digital World
Writers have never had more options than ever in the history of publishing. The digital marketplace has expanded opportunities for print books, eBooks, and audiobooks. But navigating the vast oceans of opportunity, determining what path is best for each particular writing project, and avoiding the treacherous seas, uncharted waters, and the industry sharks that swim these waters preying on the hopes and dreams of authors can be tricky.
This overview of the platforms, the players, and the alternatives available for writers to be able to maximize their readership and their opportunities for multiple streams of revenue will provide you with the background you need to keep from drowning and to chart your own unique course as an author.
As a result of attending this session, attendees will:
- Understand the plethora of choices available to them within traditional publishing and self-publishing/indie-publishing
- Be aware of a number of free services available to them for licensing/selling their work or taking a more DIY and indie publishing approach
- Realize that there is no single path for any writer, or any specific writing project, and the benefits of applying a hybrid approach
- Know where to get started publishing their work in print, eBook and audiobook, and how to make decisions on the choices that exist for listing their work on the major book platforms for retail and library markets
- Have an understanding of what to look out for in order to spot the scheming demons masquerading as “publishers” or “self-publishing support”
- Be inspired to look for new ways to maximize their opportunities for growing their readership and their streams of writing revenue
Cost: This Canadian Authors / SF Canada series is free due to COVID-19’s impact on the writing community; space is limited.
About the Presenter
Mark Leslie Lefebvre (Author, Editor, and Book Nerd; Stark Publishing) had his first story published in 1992, the same year he began in the book industry. A former President of the Canadian Booksellers Association, Mark is a current Professional Advisor to Sheridan College’s Degree program in Writing & Publishing, the founder of Kobo Writing Life, Kobo’s DIY platform for writers and a freelance publishing consultant.
Mark has more than twenty full length fiction and non-fiction books available via both traditional and self-publishing, his writing has been translated to Italian and Spanish, and his eBooks have sold in more than 82 countries.
- May 27
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Events Categories:
- Presentation, Webinar, Workshop
- Events Tags:
- CAA, Canadian Authors Association, eBook, getting published, growing readership, indie-publishing, Mark Leslie Lefebvre, Maximizing Income, Professional Writers, self-publishing, Toronto authors, traditional publishing, Writers