- This event has passed.
Respectful Workplaces in the Arts in Canada
March 11, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
Do you know your legal rights and responsibilities when it comes to Respectful Workplaces? Canadian Heritage and the Cultural Human Resources Council (CHRC) are offering Respectful Workplaces in the Arts workshops to encourage better workplace practices and behaviours.
As an official trainer, the topic will be addressed through information, small group discussion, case study analysis, and engaged activities to reinforce learnings.
The aim of the session is to explore how to best deal with situations that could result in harassment with the ultimate goal of eliminating harassment and increasing respect in our workplaces.We will examine:
- What IS and IS NOT a respectful workplace
- Definitions of harassment in all its forms, including sexual harassment, bullying, intersectionality and microaggression
- Provincial legislation and Human Rights requirements
- Review case studies to navigate the complexities of problematic situations
- Our role in supporting a respectful workplace and options for reporting
- Resources towards contributing to better work environments and/or to develop policies/codes of conduct.
This live and interactive training is 4 hours long held on zoom. You will receive the zoom link prior to start date. Participants will receive:
- All slides from the presentation
- A logo to show completion of the training (compliant with Canada Council for the Arts recommendations.
- A sample Code of Conduct
- Support services resources
- A Human resources toolkit
- This will be an interactive session, so folx should be ready to participate,
- Participants should keep their video on when possible,
- The session will not be recorded,
- Come ready with a writing utensil and paper, plus a scrap piece of paper, a tissue or a paper towel,
- At times I will be putting people into small groups for people to discuss the topic at hand, and
- There will be breaks when we reach certain milestones in the material.
For more information contact Farah Fancy at email@example.com.