Indexing Unlimited Conference 2021
May 27 @ 8:00 am - May 29 @ 5:00 pm$100
The Indexing Society of Canada / Société canadienne d’indexation (ISC/SCI) is pleased to announce that this year’s annual conference is taking place from the comfort of home from May 27 to 29, 2021. The theme is “Indexing Unlimited”. The conference sessions will cover a variety of topics to help indexers improve their indexing practice and make their businesses thrive.
One new feature is designed especially for new indexers. The online Fireside Chat hosted by Stephen Ullstrom and Margaret DeBoer will give them the opportunity to talk in a group setting with an experienced indexer on the transition from student to practicing indexer.
Networking has always been an important component of the annual conference, and this year will be no different. Plans are in the works for activities that will help indexers meet new friends and catch with up with old ones.
This conference will give you a variety of topics to help you improve your indexing practice and make your business thrive, including:
- Creating an award-winning index, from a panel of Ewart-Daveluy award winners
- Editing your index to take it to the next level
- Building client relationships
- Quoting on projects
- The new NISO standard for indexes (NISO is the National Information Standards Organization)
- And more
- Keynote speaker Raegan Swanson from The ArQuives (The Canadian Lesbian + Gay Archives)
- Jenny Higgins, former Wikipedian-in-Residence at Memorial University in Newfoundland
- Announcement of the winner of the Ewart-Daveluy Award for Indexing Excellence
Each day there will be lots of fun activities to help you meet your fellow indexers.
Can’t make the whole conference? Sessions will be recorded and made available to all registered attendees.
Visit the conference page for details, including speaker list, and to register: https://indexers.ca/annual-conference/conference-2021-congres-2021/