- This event has passed.
CAA National Annual General Meeting
June 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
National Co-Chairs Karen Gansel and Mark Vulliamy and the Board of Directors request the honour of your presence at our 101st ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
This is a virtual meeting via our Zoom platform.
NOTE: This AGM will be preceded by readings by the 2022 Fred Kerner Book Award shortlisted authors, followed by the announcement of this year’s winner. We will also be celebrating CAA’s national and branch volunteers via the Alan Sangster Volunteer Award and the inaugural Jean Kay Award. The AGM will follow approximately 15 minutes after these announcements.
The purpose of the AGM is to conduct the annual business of the association. Only members in good standing may participate; all active members have voting rights.
Your participation is important — this is your opportunity to:
- a) Join us in celebrating our dedicated volunteers
- b) Support fellow members shortlisted for the Fred Kerner Book Award
- c) Get an update on the CAA Strategic Plan 2021–2026
- d) Have a say in the operations and future of your association
All members in good standing attending virtually will be entered in a draw for a free one-year membership.
RSVP: If you plan to attend, please register in advance at your earliest convenience, and preferably before midnight on June 17, at AGM Zoom Registration Link.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Unable to attend in person? We encourage you to participate by giving your proxy vote to another member of the Canadian Authors Association who plans to attend.
Please email the completed and signed proxy form to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, ensuring that it is received by no later than midnight on Friday, June 17, 2022.
- June 18, 2022
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Events Categories:
- Literary Awards, Meeting, Presentation, Reading, Virtual Celebration, Virtual Event, Virtual meeting
- Events Tags:
- awards, CAA, Canadian Authors Association, Canadian Writers, literary awards, meeting, presentation, Professional Writers, readings, Virtual event, winners, Writers