CAA–NCR produces a quarterly e-magazine, Byline, edited by Sharyn Heagle.
Byline contains stories, articles of interest to writers, information about upcoming events and lots more. Regular features include a Poetry Corner, an Information Corner, and a Fiction Corner. Ads directly related to a member’s writing are free.
- Surrey International Writers’ Conference 2016 by Adrienne Stevenson
- Poem: “To be born Naked under Stars” by Carol A. Stephen
- Poem: “Green Shift” 2016 NCWC Honourable Mention by Gillian Foss
- “The Writer’s Journey” Report on our January meeting featuring Caroline Pignat by Christine Beelen
- The Writer’s Best Friend: Conflict by Barbara Kyle
- Creating and Managing Your Own Website by Barbara Florio Graham
- Short Story: “When Jesus Died in my Neighbhourhood” by Sharyn Heagle
Archived Issues: The six most recent issues
We look for writing-related articles that include information about the process, profession or business of writing, or insights into the writer’s world.
Byline pays 2½ cents per word to a maximum of $25.00 on publication (minimum,$10.00); poetry $10.00 each; photos $5.00 each.
English with Canadian spelling. In MS Word or OpenOffice as an attachment. Photos in jpeg, largest available resolution.
Font: Times New Roman 12 point, single space. No formatting, no indents.
Length: Preferably between 600–1200 words.
Fall Issue: August 15
Winter Issue: November 15
Spring Issue: March 15
Summer Issue: May 15
Send to Byline
Byline provides a great opportunity to reach Eastern Ontario/Western Quebec writers and readers.
Ads directly related to a member’s writing are free. Advertisements about a member’s business, workshop, or other talents for sale are considered advertisement and the following rates apply:
Single issue: 1/8 Byline page: N/C
1/4 Byline page: $15
1/2 Byline page: $30
One year – (4 issues – price of three)
Quarterly 1/8 Byline page: N/C
1/4 Byline page: $45
1/2 Byline page: $90
Single issue: 1/8 Byline page: $15
1/4 Byline page: $30
1/2 Byline page: $50
One year: (4 issues – price of three)
Quarterly 1/8 Byline page: $45
1/4 Byline page: $90
1/2 Byline page: $150
Note: Yearly prices reflect the cost of three
issues; the fourth publication is free
For more information, contact Sharyn Heagle.