The Canadian Authors Association is an inclusive organization that offers information, support, resources, professional development, networking and community to writers at all stages of their careers.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to be published to be eligible for membership. You can join us as an Associate Member until you qualify for professional status. All you need is a passion for writing!
Benefits of membership include:
- free attendance at regular meetings with special guest speakers
- discounts on workshops, publications, our annual writers’ conference and online webinars
- eligibility to participate in a group health benefits plan, which includes a drug plan, hospital coverage, vision care, hearing benefits, dental care, specialists’ services, as well as special rates on home and car insurance
- corporate discounts
- free subscription to local and national newsletters and to Canadian Author quarterly ezine
- access to members-only editing and writing circles
- access to Roving Writers Touring Program (Professional members only)
- opportunities to network with writers across Canada
- opportunities for readings and other book promotion activities
- eligibility to list in The Bookshelf, a catalogue of books by members distributed internationally
- optional listing on online Member Directory [coming soon!]
Find out how to become a member.