The Canadian Authors Association provides writers with a wide variety of programs, services and resources to help them develop their skills in both the craft and the business of writing, enhance their ability to earn a living as a writer, and have access to a Canada-wide network of writers and publishing industry professionals.
We are a membership-based organization for writers in all areas of the profession—aspiring, emerging and professional—in every genre and across all writing-related professions.
As a not-for-profit national arts service organization, much of what we do benefits all writers, whether they are members or are affiliated with us as partners or through other writing groups.
What We Do
• Advocate for the protection of rights and equitable treatment for writers
• Publish Canadian Authors, an ezine for writers by writers
• Help members promote their work through a members’ book catalogue, online directory, advertising opportunities, book fairs, readings and touring support
• Provide writers with up-to-date information on awards, contests, opportunities, calls for submissions and writing conferences and retreats via monthly national bulletins, branch newsletters, and the website
• Provide learning opportunities for writers at every stage through webinars, podcasts, and CanWrite! – our national conference
• Showcase Canada’s incredible literary talent through our literary awards, ezine, website, social media, conference – and whatever other media we have at hand
The Canadian Authors Association (CAA) is a national organization with a local presence dedicated to promoting a flourishing community of writers across Canada and to encouraging works of literary and artistic merit. We do this by
• providing opportunities for professional development
• promoting the fair and equitable treatment of writers
• increasing public awareness of Canada’s writing and publishing environment