Job Description – Treasurer
- The treasurer must be a member, in good standing, of the Canadian Authors Association
- Maintains knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Attends all general and executive meetings. Note: all possible meetings. At request, another member can present a written report. It is mainly the Executive Committee meetings which at this time are virtual.The time of this meeting is to be determined and may or may not occur near the monthly literary event.
- Issues payments for receivables in a timely manner.
- Maintains the financial records of the branch in good order, on a spreadsheet, and prepares an update report for each monthly executive meeting.
- Places all incoming funds in the branch bank account and obtains receipts for all expenditures
- Seeks executive authority for payment of any item not included in regular branch expenses
- Provides financial information for members upon request
- Provides an accounting at the end of the year for presentation at the branch AGM
- At the time of a branch election, or on the resignation of one of the appointed signing officers, arranges replacement signing authorities at the request of the President. Resigning and incoming officers should be present at the bank for the changeover whenever possible.
- Attends the national conference, if possible, and votes at the national Annual General Meeting
To Volunteer for this or any other position, see our Volunteer Opportunities Page.