June 22–25, 2017
This year’s conference is being held at Humber College Lakeshore Campus, in Toronto, Ontario.
- Members*: $375
- Affiliates**: $400
- Non-members: $450
*CAA members must be logged in to their membership account before registering in order to take advantage of the members’ rate. If you aren’t logged in, please Login now.
Savings Alert: If you’d like to join Canadian Authors to take advantage of member pricing, visit https://canadianauthors.org/national/join/ to pay online or to download a membership application form. Members must be logged in to their member accounts in order to get the discount rate.
** You qualify as an affiliate if you are the member of an affiliated national writer’s association or an affiliated partner (regional or community writers’ group that has joined Canadian Authors Association). You must specify which organization(s) you belong to.
FULL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION INCLUDES
- Welcome reception on Thursday evening
- All on-site meals Friday and Saturday (breakfast, lunch, dinner) plus farewell breakfast on Sunday
- Morning writing circles (optional)
- Afternoon workshops
- Beverages and light snacks during breaks
- Friday evening readings
- Book fair (opportunity to sell your books)
- CAA Literary Awards Dinner and Gala event
The conference registration fee does not include:
- Pitch sessions
- Accommodation (priced and booked by attendees separately)
EXTRA CONFERENCE OPTIONS
A 10-minute feedback session with a literary agent or publisher (a one-page query letter and max 10 pages of manuscript to be provided by May 31. Please note: Available to conference registrants only; spots are limited)
Extra Meal Tickets
Bringing someone to the conference? Extra meal tickets for accompanying guests who are not registered and attending the conference sessions are available as follows:
- Thursday night welcome reception: $15 per extra ticket
- Breakfasts: $10 per extra breakfast ticket
- Lunches: $11 per extra lunch ticket
- Friday dinner: $20 per extra ticket
- Saturday night Literary Awards event: $60 per extra ticket
- Registrations received after June 15, 2017, will be accepted only if space is available.
- Conference organizers reserve the right to cancel a session if there is insufficient interest in it.
- Registration fees will be refunded (minus a $25 administrative fee) if a written cancellation request is received by June 14, 2015. No refunds will be made after this date.
For more info on events and programming, visit the Detailed Schedule page under the Conference menu button.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- Go through the conference pages to get the details on program options, presenters, and speakers
- Take note of which regular workshops you want to sign up for
- Decide whether you want to sign up for any extra options, such as the Friday or Saturday pitch sessions—and, if so, take notes to help you through the registration process (extra fees apply to these options)
- If you’re bringing a guest to the conference, work out how many meals you will need to buy tickets for (your meals are included in your conference fee)
- Have your credit card handy
Registration is a 4-step process:
STEP 1: Choose your conference package, including the rate you qualify for and extra options (e.g., pitch sessions, extra meal tickets). You will be asked to make specific selections on the next page.
STEP 2: Select the Register Now! button.
STEP 3: Complete the registration form, including your morning activities and afternoon workshops.
STEP 4: Follow the prompt to the payment page. (You have the option of paying by cheque rather than credit card — please note that your registration will not be processed until your cheque is received and, due to their popularity and limited spots, we can’t reserve pitch sessions without payment.)
Ready to register? Just click on the button below!
If paying by mail rather than online, please register by doing the following:
- Click on the Register Now button above
- Follow steps 1 through 3 above
- Follow the prompt to the payment page and select Pay by Cheque
- Make your cheque payable to Canadian Authors Association, and include the conference i.d. number indicated on your ticket(s) on the front of your cheque
- Mail to:
Canadian Authors Association
6 West Street N, Suite 203
Orillia ON L3V 5B8
- Note that your registration will be confirmed only after your cheque has been received.
Registration or payment questions? email email@example.com